Sometimes we don't think so clearly or intentionally about the implications of our choices, agreements or relationships. These words speak tofidelity of heart in relationship with God and what the possibilities might be that dilute or break that fidelity instead of nourishing it.
We are invited to walk "yoked" with Christ. And it is in Christ that we have been cleansed and given a new and right Spirit within us. He will guide us into paths of right living and will be with us as our strength and light as we walk back into the world, known as one who belongs to God. Reflect on this basic intention of your heart. Where are you?
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
"I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people."
"Therefore, come out of them and be separate,
Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."
"I will be a father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,"
says the Lord Almighty.
- Are there things in your life that might be unclean?
- Have you seen the fellowship change when you are with those who don't believe in God?
- Do you have a good group of Christ-followers in your life?
- Is there someone you are close to that you know has a negative effect on you?
- In your prayer ask God to help you see what there might be that takes you away from your intention to not have anything hurt your relationship with God. Ask God to be your strength of heart.